Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cito Vs Gibby & Mike WIlner's Blog

Out of respect for Mike Wilner, I'm going to try to refrain from posting on his blog about the Cito vs Gibbons issue. Mike is clearly growing weary from the numerous posts on the issue and I think that he is bothered by the distraction it has become there.

In a reply to a comment on my analysis posted here I compare the stats of Wells, Rios and Scutaro - the only three Jays with 450+ PA and not battling arm/should issues like Rolen and Overbay - and show that these three were underperforming under Gibby/Denbo and actually overperforming their career numbers under Gaston/Tenace. That not just mean reversion, since they have all swung past their "mean" (career numbers) and performed better than their career averages.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. Wilner, while I love his blog, and he knows his stuff like no one else, relied on the excuse of, "They're better hitters than this, and will eventually turn it around."

    This team overall began performing leaps and bounds better when Cito showed up, and, now a year later, seeing the performance continue, it's too much to be a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete